Technical Support Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Engineer to join our UK Support Team in Guildford, Surrey. Working with other members of the Support team, you will ensure continuity of services for all clients globally, resolving any technical issues as they arise.
The position of Technical Support Engineer consists of two main roles:
- Providing support to clients using Gold-i and MetaQuotes MT4/MT5 software.
- Updating and maintaining the Gold-i products installed on clients’ servers.
Provide technical support to clients
- Troubleshoot software issues and address client queries.
- Implement, configure and manage both in-house and third-party software (e.g. Stunnel SSL tunnel software, Domain Time time-syncing).
- Implement and check changes to client-server software.
Build and manage key relationships with clients
- Communicate remotely with clients (telephone, helpdesk system, Skype, Team Viewer).
- Prioritise Support KPIs adhering to client SLAs.
- Work closely with Development and QA to troubleshoot and resolve escalated client issues, keeping the client informed of progress.
Develop the business and technical knowledge base of Support
- Use IT Service Management systems to track work.
- Helpdesk software (Web Help Desk/JIRA Service Desk).
- Gold-i Wiki (Confluence).
- Development tracking system (JIRA Core).
- Maintain client asset database.
- Identify opportunities to proactively assist clients (e.g. improving documentation, self-help FAQs, ideas for software development, client training).
Provide assistance to the Support team
- Collaborate with colleagues to troubleshoot both internal and client hardware/software issues.
- Suggest continual service improvements within the team.
- Work with the team to provide adequate Support desk cover.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Previous experience in a client-facing role (preferably Support).
- Works well under pressure and/or to strict time schedules.
- Able to work within defined, documented procedures for audit and compliance purposes.
- Ability to work semi-autonomously without strict supervision.
- A solid problem-solving mentality.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows operating systems and their maintenance.
- University level bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Financial services background or experience (preferably in the FX markets).
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the MetaQuotes MT4/MT5 platforms.
- Basic understanding of ITIL (Service Management module).
- Previous experience with out-of-hours shift work.
8.30am – 5pm with some out-of-hours work required on a rotational basis. Flexible working is considered.
- 25 days basic annual leave
- Additional annual leave accrued with length of service
- Day off on your birthday
- Holiday Trading scheme
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Payroll Giving
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Paid volunteering days
- Matching pension contribution
- Free cooked breakfast on Fridays