Application Support Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Application Support Engineer to join our UK Support Team in Guildford, Surrey. Working with other members of the Support team, the successful candidate will ensure continuity of services for all clients globally, resolving technical issues as they arise.
Gold-i is a global FinTech firm and one of the world’s leading software systems integrators to the international retail foreign exchange market. An award-winning innovator, Gold-i has developed a number of industry-first products to help improve the capabilities of retail brokers and banks across the globe.
Description of Duties
The position of Technical Support Engineer consists of two main roles:
- Providing production application support to clients (Gold-i software plus MetaQuotes MT4/MT5).
- Maintenance/upgrades of the Gold-i products installed on clients’ servers.
- Provide technical support to clients by:
- Troubleshooting software issues and addressing client queries.
- Implementing, configuring, and managing both in-house and partner software (MT4/MT5 Server, Domain Time, Nagios, etc.).
- Implementing and checking changes to client server software.
- Logging and tracking client queries/incidents.
- Writing and maintaining knowledge base articles.
- Ensuring standards and service level agreements (SLAs) are met.
- Regularly communicating with clients.
- Provide internal support to the team by:
- Collaborating with colleagues to troubleshoot both internal and client issues.
- Working in partnership with the Operations team to deliver new products and upgrades to clients.
- Assisting the team with incident escalations to Development and ensuring that clients are kept updated.
- Suggesting continual service improvements.
- Working with the team to ensure constant support desk cover as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to follow strict internal processes with a high degree of accuracy.
- Logical and detailed approach to problem solving.
- Strong technical mindset with an interest in software.
- Ability to absorb new information quickly.
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to communicate with a diverse range of customers with varying levels of technical understanding.
- Positive attitude and willingness/ability to see challenging tasks through to completion.
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience or understanding of hardware, software and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and their maintenance.
- Previous experience in a client-facing role (preferably support).
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Financial services background or experience (preferably in the FX markets).
- Understanding of ITIL (Service Management module).
Working Hours & Location
- Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7AE.
- 37.5 hours per week; 7.5 hour day with a flexible start time.
- WFH up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days basic annual leave, increasing with length of service
- Paid days off on your birthday, a house move, and your wedding.
- Buy/sell holiday trading scheme
- 2 days’ paid charity leave per year
- 6% Company pension contribution
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Payroll Giving charity donation scheme
- Company-paid healthcare cash plan
- Company Share Options scheme
- Free on-site parking
Apply to work at Gold-i