Junior Software Developer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Developer to join our team in Guildford, Surrey.
Gold-i is a global FinTech firm and one of the world’s leading software systems integrators to the international retail foreign exchange market. An award-winning innovator, Gold-i has developed a number of industry-first products to help improve the capabilities of retail brokers and banks across the globe.
Due to continued growth and planned product development, Gold-i is currently looking for a Junior Developer to join their Software Development team.
Description of Duties
· Manage and assist in the delivery of complete end-to-end projects, which includes design, document, implementation and unit testing.
· Collaborate with the Head of Development, Development Team and Quality Assurance teams to ensure the operability, usability and robustness of the software, and also to ascertain that it is of the highest quality.
· Design and implement new feature sets and enhancements.
· Resolve reported bugs from QA, Support and Clients in a timely manner.
· Help document any major changesets.
· Updating and creating internal and external documentation.
· Attend project meetings.
· Coordinate with the Support and QA teams on a regular basis.
· Assist in the investigation and analysis of support and production issues.
· Assist in the maintenance and streamlining of current code.
Basic training of all Gold-i products and systems, as well as Financial Trading Platforms, will be provided.
Skills and Requirements
· At least 1-2 years of experience working as a software developer.
· Experience in object-oriented programming using C#/C++ or Java.
· Strong analytical mind and excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to break down a problem, ask relevant questions and design a solution that meets all requirements.
An ideal candidate will have exposure to some of the following skills:
· Good understanding of distributed software systems.
· Good working knowledge of MySQL or MSSQL.
· Understanding of Multithreading and Async programming.
· Understanding of design patterns and the software development lifecycle.
· Basic understanding of financial trading, or financial markets.
Location and Hours
● Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7AE.
● 37.5 hours per week; 7.5 hour day with a flexible start time.
● WFH up to 3 days per week.
● 25 days’ basic annual leave, increasing with length of service
● Paid days off on your birthday, a house move, and your wedding.
● Buy/sell holiday trading scheme
● 2 days’ paid charity leave per year
● 4% matching pension scheme
● Cycle to Work scheme
● Payroll Giving charity donation scheme
● Company-paid healthcare cash plan
Apply to work at Gold-i